Meet Amy Ovaydi-Mandel, DMD, MSD
Amy Ovaydi-Mandel, DMD, MSD | Periodontics
- DMD Universidad Santa María. Caracas, Venezuela.
- Certificate in Periodontics University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (RUTGERS). Newark, NJ.
- Master in Dental Science University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (RUTGERS). Newark, NJ.
AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
Certified by the American Board of Periodontology Dr. Ovaydi graduated from Universidad Santa Maria in Venezuela, where she obtained her DMD, before deciding to further her studies in the field of Periodontics at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where she also obtained a Masters in Dental Science.
Dr. Ovaydi is certified by the American Board of Periodontology which means that she has made significant achievements beyond the mandatory educational requirements of the specialty, including demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of all phases of periodontal disease and treatment, including the placement of dental implants.
She has authored articles which discuss the effects of diabetes on periodontal disease and also implant dentistry and its alternatives. Dr. Ovaydi also enjoys teaching Periodontics at the Lindsey Hopkins AEGD program, where she delivers treatment to the underserved community of Miami-Dade voluntarily and serves as the Director for the Periodontics Department.
During Dr. Ovaydi’s training in periodontics, she learned traditional periodontal therapy, as well as implant surgery and its associated procedures. She had the opportunity to train on five top implant systems and discover the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of implant manufacturers.
Dr. Ovaydi is married with two sons, and she likes to spend every free minute with her family.
Get to know Dr. Amy Ovaydi-Mandel
- Chairside style: I consider myself to be cheerful, relaxed, and professional while treating my patients. I like to explain every step of the procedure to them and make sure that there are no unanswered questions before starting.
- Why did you become a dentist? Dentistry combines several of my passions. The possibility to help my patients achieve a healthy smile that they feel proud of, the challenge of creating esthetic and functional results and establishing long term relationship with my patients are just a few great aspects that helped me become a dentist.
- Favorite part of your job: The smile I receive at the end of each treatment.
- Best advice you’ve ever received: Life isn’t about getting and having. It’s about giving and being.
- Place you go to escape the office: Home with my family.
- Starts each day: With my kids jumping in my bed.
- Framed photos on your desk: My family.
- Favorite historical figure: Simon Bolivar.
- Favorite quote: “To know is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge”